Precor EFX 5.33 Elliptical
Bottom Line:The Precor 5.33 is the exact same machine as the 5.35 and 5.37, but offers slightly less in the area of workout features.
Thoughts:Precorís EFX 5.3 lineup uses the same basic mechanical design to achieve elliptical motion across the series. The EFX 5.33, 5.35, and 5.37 all utilize the same frame layout and handle bar design, only differing in the number of electronic workout features. The 5.33 is the last EFX 5.3 model that offers dynamic handle bars. This machine does still have the problem of discomfort for users over 5'4", but if that is not a concern, then this machine does provide a high level of quality and usability. We would recommend the 5.33, but consider the options from Smooth Fitness and Life Fitness, as both manufactures offer the same level of quality and even more versatility.
||Rear Drive with Upper Body
||19" oval-shaped ellipse
|Max User Weight
||Solid and Stable
||Smooth if maintained well
||Roller noise on ramp
|Heart Rate Monitoring
||Grip Pulse and Wireless HRC
||Frame-Lifetime, Parts and Wear Items-10 Years, Labor-1 Year
- Precor is known for quality and great aesthetics.
- Precor was the first manufacturer to introduce ellipticals.
- Incline ramp is an antiquated feature and difficult to maintain. Users must clean and lubricate weekly.
- Fewer features than the 5.35 and 5.37 models.
- Elliptical motion is uncomfortable for users over 5'4" in height.
Manufacturer's web site: www.precor.com